Monday, August 26, 2013

Camping with Blue

I have accomplished something many pregnant women will not attempt.

I went camping at nearly 7 months pregnant!

And I survived.

Why did I do it, you ask? First, the prospect of missing out on a summer camping trip this summer was far too depressing. We go every summer, so I didn't want to miss it this summer (even though we should have planned to go earlier in the summer). Second, it is so gosh darn hot in Phoenix that getting away to the woods and shade was far more appealing than staying in town for another record-breaking weekend in the heat. Even if it did mean roughing it with food and bathroom facilities.

So off towards Flagstaff we went. Ashurst Campground, with a lake, trees, and a breeze that is below 80 degrees!

Leaving the campground and still smiling!

I brought reinforcements of course. Plenty of snacks. An air mattress for inside the tent. And all my pillows with extra blankets! Besides getting out of the tent, I didn't have too many problems being bigger than usual. However, I did have to resort to using the outhouse toilets, but we made sure our campsite was close to one so I wouldn't have to go as far for the frequent bathroom breaks.

We had a lot of fun with some of our camping-afficionado friends. Friday night was party time, complete with beer pong like we were still in college, and not parents/soon-to-be parents. (Don't worry, I did not drink the beer!) Saturday we enjoyed the rain from under our pop-up shelter. We built big campfires, and we made all the campfire classic meals: Pudgie Pies, Hobo Stew, and S'mores!

On our way out of town, I couldn't quite bear leaving the cooler temperatures, so we stopped at Macy's European Cafe for a breakfast pastry (delicious) and then went on a Kyle and Erica style adventure- off roading in the Honda Accord up Shultz Pass Road (we have a thing for driving over mountain passes and documenting them).

Here are some more pictures from the weekend!
Add another mountain pass to our list- and this one is NOT in Colorado!

Me at 29 weeks (almost)

Kyle and Casey kayaking in the rain

Yea for a breeze, water, clouds!!!

The campsite- with TREES!

This is what trouble looks like


No comments:

Post a Comment