Saturday, November 16, 2013

Mom's First Birthday...

This past Tuesday was my 33rd birthday. That is right, my first birthday that wasn't all about me. It was truly odd, not gonna lie. My boys did their best to make sure that I didn't feel like I got the shaft for this first birthday as a mom, and I did feel pretty relaxed and special.

Highlights of my birthday this year:

1. The date was 11-12-13. How awesome was that!?

2. I got to continue my tradition of having a birthday lunch at The Farm at South Mountain because Emerson was early enough that we could make it out.

You'll probably recognize this pose/location from my last pregnant picture taken here on October 11!


Pumpkin roll dessert!

Emerson getting a little sunshine!

3. Although it was really my anniversary present, I got to go on a dinner date to Cornish Pasty, and the see The Lion King musical. This was my first time out without Emerson since his birth. Kyle said I was being a nervous mom the whole dinner, but I think I handled it pretty well. I only asked once for a status update. This also meant that Emerson had to take a bottle for the first time!

Kyle's ridiculously large beer at Cornish Pasty

My beer- Rogue Hazelnut!
Cheers!


4. Not only did my mom/grammy babysit for us, but she also made me a cake! Spice cake with cream cheese frosting- my favorite!
My cake!

5. Kyle and Emerson bought me a strand of authentic pearls and pearl stud earrings. They are beautiful!
So excited to get to wear my sorority-girl pearls!

6. I got a pedicure and brow wax!

7. I also got a Pizzookie at Oreganos for free on my birthday!

Pizzookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment