Monday, January 6, 2014

Milestone Monday

Today I will focus not just on the major events of the past week, but all the mini milestones that make me full of wonder!

  • Emerson now tracks us as we walk around the room.
  • He will turn towards us when he hears our voices.
  • He is starting to relax his hands when he is sleeping or resting so that they are not always clenched in fists.
  • He also is beginning to grab toys and other objects, besides my hair, shirt, or necklaces.
  • He coos and responds when we are talking to him as if he believes to be communicating like us.
  • He sleeps between 4-6 hours for his "long stretch" at night!
  • He eats in under 30 minutes total sometimes! :)

And for the bigger events- Emerson experienced his first New Year (as many of you probably saw) and then the real treat--his first hike!

A little about that hike... Many of you have probably heard the story of my first date with Kyle. We hiked Telegraph Trail on South Mountain, for which I gussied up and got ready as if we were going to a fancy restaurant (at least I didn't wear a dress and flip flops). It was 94*. I was not in any shape to be hiking up the steeper incline, and we had to stop at least 10 times for me to catch my breath and bearings. Well, Kyle didn't judge me, I guess, but he sure does taunt me about it now and again.

This hike was like a bad flashback to that moment. I was out of breath. I got dizzy near the top. And I sweat more than anyone should in 70*. However, I had a 12-pound baby strapped to my belly. And I only stopped twice. I am darn proud I didn't fall! Granddad was nice enough to help with my confidence by carrying Emerson DOWN the mountain, though.

Here are some pictures and a video for you:

Ready to go!
Resting Up Top! And cooling down


Hiking up with grandad

A view of the valley



No comments:

Post a Comment