Monday, January 13, 2014

Most Miserable of Milestone Mondays

Well, we have achieved another major milestone, but this one is one I'd hope to avoid. And I hope the rest of you escape it. We just endured Emerson's first stomach virus.

And then my first and Kyle's first in a very long, long time.

Nothing is worse than when you have to see your baby sick. I should have known when I picked him up from daycare Thursday and he had spend most of the day sleeping. Also the fact that his friend Evan had already been sent home for puking up his breakfast. But Thursday night, after feeding him at 2:25 a.m., he projectile vomited his milk. Luckily, his pjs were terrycloth, he was on his changing table with an absorbent pad, and he only eats milk, so it wasn't too gross. But, the remainder of the time he was up he kept making funny faces, smacking his lips, swallowing, and his stomach kept lurching. Ew.

I was such a wreck that I stayed up most of the night from then on, checking on him frequently to see if he was choking on his spit up. I was worried about how the morning would go, if he'd eat his morning meal, if he'd be in a good mood, and if I should leave him home and call in a grandma instead of taking him to daycare.

Well, he was happy as can be. No real change, except sleepiness, and not wanting to eat as much, was evident.

Friday at daycare he slept a lot, ate smaller quantities, and only spit up once. Then Friday night we were supposed to leave for San Diego. Luckily, I was so tired, and his papa was so tired, that we had decided it was best to drive after a good night's sleep. Sadly, that good night's sleep never happened, because after I went down to sleep at 7:00 (on a Friday night--another first!), I was up again by 10:00 vomiting myself. And Emerson had one last episode. So, trip to San Diego to meet new nephew/cousin Dylan was postponed.

I somehow got myself out of bed after about 20 hours in it the next day. Thank Grandmom Davis-Hohmann for coming by to help while dad went to Frisbee Saturday morning. Then, he started to get sick on Sunday, too. So-- we hope these immunities help get us through the rest of the winter!

Things are pretty much back to normal today. However, everyone at daycare today said they had the same weekend as we did.

Hope your weeks are much better! (pun intended)

Feeling much better with my cute booties on!

Check me out! I'm cute!

Super smiley!

No comments:

Post a Comment