Saturday, September 14, 2013

Flashback to San Diego Saturday!

Back in June, Kyle and I went to San Diego for a weekend to get out of the heat, to see his sister, and for me to attend a bachelorette party for my good friend Lindsay. This trip meant that Blueberry got to get his first taste of BOTH the "Atlantic" (Gulf of Mexico) and the Pacific oceans within the span of 1 week.

Little Blue will probably be a water lover because of Kyle's genes to begin with, but then I am sure that I only added to it with 2 beach trips, a lot of pool time, and plenty of sun during this pregnancy.

I did learn, the hard way, that "laying out" on the beach is not nearly as comfortable pregnant. I cannot imagine how cumbersome I'd be on the sand now that I can't get off a couch without assistance some days.

The bachelorette weekend was actually really fun. Great girl time, great food, some sun, and some dancing! I made it out until almost 2:00 a.m. both Friday and Saturday evening, but I did make everyone stop to get some ice-cream cookie sandwiches in Pacific Beach. There was a snafu about not being allowed in the Speakeasy because I didn't wear heels (what pregnant woman in her right mind would wear them for an evening of walking around the Gaslamp district downtown), but I still enjoyed the evening!

Here are some pictures that make me really appreciate how truly little the baby bump was (see prior post for the more recent bump size!)

The ladies in the harbor

I was a trooper I guess!


On Pacific Beach

Blue was not that big at all yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment