Thursday, October 2, 2014

On this day in 2013...

Really hard to believe, but this day, last year, we were taking our maternity photos (and just in the nick of time, as Emerson came, very early, 10 days later.  I realized that we never had the time to share these beautiful photos taken by Sara Goodman Photography. I felt absolutely beautiful in them, even though I was so large. (Thank you goes out to Kelly Taylor for doing my hair for the shoot since I am clueless when it comes to styling). We found this little hiding spot in the middle of a Queen Creek neighborhood to take the pictures in. I insisted on the pumpkins. Oh, an even though we are decked out in fall clothing and accessories, it was still over 90 degrees out in Arizona! Luckily you can't tell in the pictures that we were melting. I know that maternity photo shoots are a splurge, but I don't regret doing one at all. Being pregnant IS a special "occasion" (that lasts 9 months) and the first time being pregnant was filled with so much wonder and awe that I am glad I captured some of it.









This is my favorite one! I dreamed of doing it from the moment I knew we were expecting in the fall!






We hadn't revealed his name upon taking these, but had it picked out already. How appropriate that we had this prop from our wedding to use in the photo shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment