Thursday, May 1, 2014

Emerson's Room!

Well, it may have taken WAY longer than we planned, but we finally got Emerson's room all put together. I realize that it is kind of sad that I spent so much time trying to decorate and perfect a room for a baby who can't even appreciate it, but I think I was just so excited to have a room to decorate from scratch! To match paint, furnishings, decor, and art projects, I finally got the chance to bring one of my unique visions to life in this house.

I chose the "great outdoors" as the theme to Emerson's room. I was inspired, of course, by both his name and our favorite pastime. I was determined to include pictures from Colorado, natural wood, and lots of color! After we spent forever trying to pick out his crib, I designed the rest of the room around this central piece. Thanks to Buy Buy Baby, Etsy, Target, and Marshall's, we got the entire project for what I'd consider a pretty good deal.

Here are the photos:

The beautiful blocks from my baby shower are now decorating Emerson's room. And the classic children's books!

I made these plaques from pictures of Colorado and the signs from our wedding!

These frames are from Marshall's and the pictures I ordered from Etsy.

The pictures represent the outdoor activities we love: Hiking Boots, Canoe, Woods, Mountains, and Ski!

My mom's friend Cindy made this cross stitch for Emerson's room

My favorite gift was Emerson's mobile from Grandma Jensen and Etsy!

And overview of the "blue sky" wall.

The rug is from Target and the chair is from Buy Buy Baby (Castle). Pillow and Quilt from grandma Jensen.

Crib and dresser set from Buy Buy Baby

My favorite (and insisted-upon) purchase is the Badger Basket Corner Changing Table from Target

Storage bins from Bed, Bath and Beyond, Ubbi Diaper Pail, and Lionheart Wipe Warmer

My favorite corner, the "reading corner". West Elm brackets and shelves, more blocks, Buddha, "Everyone Poops" and "How to Speak Wookie" along with "I Love You Forever". Also an antique silver bank that belonged to Uncle Casey.

The banner from his baby shower courtesy of Auntie Karen

Time Out bench courtesy of grandma Davis-Hohmann (the peek-a-boo cow is from her also)

Marshall's was great for storage bins for his toys!

Close up of the sepia-toned Aspens from Aspen, Colorado in one picture

And Lake Dillon in another


Currently, Emerson's room is my favorite room in the house to hang out in. I love how the outdoors, even when indoors, can make me feel so content. I just stare at the bright colors, beautiful artwork, and am SO happy to introduce all that we love to Emerson.

And P.S. the flatscreen T.V. was totally daddy's idea. With the rest of the room being my work of art, he had to make sure a little bit of him went into the decor. We use the T.V. mostly for Disney Junior if nothing else is working to distract Emerson. Also, we plan to use it for music to teach Emerson to appreciate our favorite bands, and to dance.  I would love to say that I found it helpful during the early days of hour-long feedings, but we didn't even have the chair in his room until after Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment