Monday, October 7, 2013

Minnesota Baby Shower!

In honor of my Arizona baby shower, I guess I could finally post about the shower I had this past July in Minnesota/Wisconsin. It was technically in Wisconsin, but along the bordering St. Croix River in Hudson. We had a beautiful room at a great restaurant reserved, and had 17 wonderful women from many different aspects of my life attend. My old neighbors were there, including my piano teacher and our neighbor whose pool we used to crash in elementary school; my aunts and great aunts; my sisters, including the soon-to-be new Jensen, Irina; my life-long hair dresser; and of course my friend Jill from college!

It was great to be able to work with my sisters and mom to help organize and plan this shower. We got to be really crafty and use our Etsy know-how and some Pinterest inspiration to decorate and I think things turned out great! The theme was "Ahoy! It's a Boy!" in honor of my Delta Gamma anchor. Although this is not the direction we will be going with the baby's room, it would not be out of the question for a nautical nursery!

I got some amazing gifts that will be much appreciated, from bath time necessities to handmade booties, and our humidifier (an Arizona MUST) as well as my squeeze station to make our own fruit squeezies instead of spending $2 a pop on them! (I know solid foods are far down the road, but it is best to be prepared).

I absolutely loved having the opportunity to visit with some amazing women and feel so much love and support for the arrival of this little man.

I know what you REALLY wanted was pictures, so here you go!

Our dessert table- with chocolate favors and a due date guessing game for baby's college fund!
A view of the decor we put together. We made pom poms, those fans on the mirror, and bought the banner.

The gifts and scrapbook signing sheet for all our guests to welcome Baby Blueberry!


Our cute banner!

Cupcakes from the Food Channel Cupcake Wars winner- "Cupcake"

A Delta Gamma shout out- Creme roses and anchors

The guests arrive and mingle- the noise level of that room was unbelievable!

My udder cover!

The only appropriate gift when in Wisconsin!

So grateful for all the gifts for baby!
The family! Aunts Sue and Marcia, Irina (newly engaged to Brian!), sisters Amanda and Cassie, and mom

The park along the river across the street. Sister pic!

One more family pic on the bridge by the river

My 24- week baby bump


My friend Jill!



No comments:

Post a Comment