Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Pain in the... Back?

I do feel like a bit of a whiner. I mean, I haven't gotten that big yet, and still every day I have to mention to Kyle how uncomfortable I am. I am sure by this point I have officially overtaken him on the "annoying" scale. I have to thank him today for his patience, his understanding, and his constant indulgence of my wants and needs.

Officially, we have been married for 10 months. For 6 of those months (nearly) I've been pregnant. Overall, I've been happy and healthy. Overall, Kyle has been awesome. So, I guess this  is just my little shout out to him to show my appreciation.

Getting back to business, I have officially (even according to my pregnancy app) hit the "you no longer have your natural center of gravity" stage. Being back at work for these past 3 weeks, I realized that if I used to get back pains from sitting too long in a huddled position grading papers before, this activity could really become hazardous to my health now.  I have some fallout already. Each morning (and in the middle of the night at least once), I need to move one of the supporting pillows that lay alongside me, swing my legs around to hang off the bed, and then roll myself from my side to a seated position, where I will sit and whimper for a second until all my muscles and organs have resettled in their upright position, and then I waddle to the bathroom (to pee) to get ready. I look like I just got off a 10-hour mule ride up and down the canyon walls of Yosemite. I then grip my belly and try to hold it up in the hopes that I have a little relief.

It may be time to buy one of those belly-support belts!

Anyway, with this routine, I can no longer deny my pregnancy (besides the fact that it is visually obvious), and live in my protective little bubble where I can deny that there will be an ending to it all. It is truly paradoxical that I can't wait for it to be over, but at the same time I don't want to face the ending yet. It is too damn scary!

Thus, I have become a bit of a whiner, and now you, not just Kyle, have to listen to me. I told you I wasn't going to hold anything back. Except maybe my back.

I sure could use another prenatal massage at this point! This time, no calzones.


Add a few inches to this picture, taken a month ago at 22 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment