Monday, July 1, 2013

Bizarre Habits

Everyone says how pregnant women have bizarre cravings, vivid dreams, and random mood swings. I have sort of experienced these biologically-driven phenomena, however I believe it is the habits that we pregnant women develop to cope with the biological issues that make pregnancy a true adventure.

The first habit I've developed, and would like to share, is really supported by my wonderful husband-

Beer sniffing.

So weird, I totally know. But going cold turkey is really very hard! I guess I didn't really go cold turkey, as I have limited drinking since November when we started this journey towards conception, but one Thursday I had my last beer, luckily the wonderful Four Peaks Peach, and the following Sunday I was most definitely pregnant!!!

So I smell beer.
And martinis.
Wine.
Bourbon.
Even vodka!

And Kyle just keeps on ordering the drinks that I wish I were drinking when we are out, and I just keep smelling and counting down the days until I can enjoy a nice cold one (during a football Sunday) without endangering anyone's health but my own.

Don't judge. Next time you're craving another drink, but know you should be cut off, just sniff one.

One beer sniffing experience- St. Patrick's Day (Kyle and I had to still be sneaky, those are both his beers, but if I were holding one, who would know that he was the only one drinking them?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment